September 27, 2012
We’re excited to announce that we’ll soon release our Corrugated Box Basics computer-based training module. What’s even more exciting is that Corrugated Box Basics is the first of an 8-module CBT library called Box Plant Basics that we’ve currently got in production; additional titles will be released shortly.
The Box Plant Basics course offerings will serve as a comprehensive introduction to the process of making corrugated boxes. Box plants can use it to:
- Quickly get new hires up to speed on basic production issues
- Ensure that all workers share a common understanding and working vocabulary
- Give salespeople a working knowledge of the box-making process
- Save expensive instructor-led training hours for more effective, hands-on training
The Box Plant Basics library will include eight modules covering the process from A to Z. The modules are:
- Corrugated Box Basics: Introduces common industry terms and standard box styles. Includes a brief history of corrugated board- and box-making equipment.
- Box Plant Equipment Basics: Introduces some common box plant machines and processes, and discusses equipment layout and storage considerations.
- Box Plant – Raw Materials: Describes fiber sources, pulping and papermaking processes, glues, inks, and coatings used in the production of corrugated board and corrugated boxes.
- Single- and Multi-Wall Corrugators: Details the equipment and processes involved in the production of single-face, single-wall, double-wall, and triple-wall corrugated board.
- Flexo Folder-Gluers: Describes the design and operation of flexo folder-gluers.
- Die Cutters: Describes the design and operation of rotary and flat (platen) die cutters.
- Other Box Plant Equipment: Describes the design and operation of other common box plant equipment, including labelers, laminators, presses, and palletizers.
- Box Plant Tests: Describes the end-use requirements for corrugated board and corrugated boxes, and details some common tests that are used to predict the performance of linerboard, corrugating medium, corrugated board, and corrugated boxes.
Of course, these new computer-based training courses have all the features you’ve come to expect from your friends at Convergence Training. These include:
- Reliable information from experts in the field
- Effective instructional design to maximize learning
- Crisp, simple writing to increase comprehension
- Engaging animated videos featuring 3D, 2D, and more
- Fully narrated audio track
- Unscored practice questions for self-assessment
- Scored test for assessment
- SCORM 1.2-compliant for use with learning management systems (LMS)
We’ll make an announcement when the Corrugated Box Basics course is finished—that should be very soon. And we’ll make additional announcements when the other courses in this library become available. Keep your eyes on your inbox, the Convergence Training blog, and the full list of training courses we offer on our website to keep up to date.