May 18, 2020
As educational institutions prepare for summer and the back-to-school season, a lot of uncertainties remain. What will schools look like when (or even if) they reopen? How will schools offer PD to their staff? What about complying with state and federal training mandates? Will face-to-face training and PD still be an option?
Making a Smooth Transition to Online Training
As you adjust your safety and compliance training plans, an affordable, easy-to-implement alternative is to utilize online courses. You can easily automate your staff training AND policy acceptance online with the SafeSchools Online Training System, which features automatic training plans that are customizable by role, location, or individual training needs, new hire training plans, email notifications, easy real-time reporting, and built-in policy acceptance to simplify training management. Here are five ways SafeSchools Training can support your transition to online training:
- 100% School-Focused Training. Access and assign hundreds of courses, all written by leading K-12 experts. Each course includes scenarios in school settings so the content is relevant and applicable. Our courses can help you maintain compliance with state and federal training mandates, including OSHA, Title IX, Mandatory Reporting, FERPA, and more, even in a remote learning environment.
- Full Automation. Your administration can schedule and completely automate your staff training and policy acceptance through our easy-to-use online system. Every course completion is tracked automatically and reports are delivered right to your inbox.
- Policy Acceptance and Custom Course Creation. Upload and track district- or school-specific policies right alongside your staff training. Our Custom Course Tool allows schools/districts to create their own courses in our system and assign them to staff. These features can easily help your school or district distribute new information or policies related to COVID-19 to your staff.
- Flexible and Convenient. Your staff will appreciate the flexibility of taking their assigned training when it’s most convenient for their schedules, from any web-enabled device.
- On-Demand Access to Training Content to Meet Rapidly Changing Needs. As you deal with rapidly changing plans and new guidelines, you may need new or different training resources for your school staff. Our new Coronavirus courses can help you address topics, such as CDC guidelines for using cloth face masks, disinfecting common work areas, and managing stress and anxiety. And new Trauma-Informed Practices courses in our Exceptional Child course library can help you address the growing concerns around student mental health and trauma that may result from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Districts Around the Country Successfully Use Online Training
Our customers have turned to SafeSchools Training to help them continue to provide important training to their staff during this time more than ever. We’ve had over 25 million online course completions in the past 12 months! Which is a 34% increase over the previous year. In fact, we had a record-setting number of course completions in March and April.
One of the questions that we get asked the most is “what are your top taken courses?” Here are the top 15 courses with the most completions from the first half of 2020:
- Coronavirus Awareness
- Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Prevention
- Sexual Harassment: Staff-to-Staff
- Bullying: Recognition & Response
- Child Abuse: Mandatory Reporting
- Common Illness Prevention
- Youth Suicide: Awareness, Prevention and Postvention
- FERPA: Confidentiality of Records
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Email and Messaging Safety
- Stress Management
- De-Escalation Strategies
- Discrimination Awareness in the Workplace
- Back Injury and Lifting
- Coronavirus: Preparing your Household
Other top courses include Communication Styles and Skills, Active Shooter, First Aid, Student Mental Health, Diversity Awareness: Staff-to-Staff, Students Experiencing Homelessness: Awareness and Understanding, Cultural Competence and Racial Bias, Sexual Misconduct: Staff-to-Student, Fire Extinguisher Safety, and Disruptive Student Behavior.
To learn how SafeSchools Training can help your school or district with safety and compliance training, email us at [email protected]. You can also request a free trial.