An Introduction to "New Safety"
This webinar recording will provide a basic introduction to new safety, discussing how new safety may be different than old or traditional safety (also sometimes called Safety I) and highlighting commonalities and differences between the various new safety schools of thought.
- What is new safety?
- How is new safety different that old safety/safety I?
- Is it really different or is it just hype?
- New safety, work as imagined, and work as performed
- New safety, the root-cause analysis, and learning teams
- Key new thinkers, books and sources
About the Presenter
Jeff Dalto is an instructional designer with more than 20 years of experience in learning and development. During 10 of those years, he’s worked a great deal in safety and safety training.
Jeff holds a certificate as a General Industry Safety Specialist from the Pacific Northwest OSHA Education Center, is an OSHA-authorized trainer for 10- and 30-hour general industry, is a member of the sub-committee creating the ANSI/ASSP Z490.2 standard for online environmental, health, and safety training, and writes the Convergence Training blog, where he writes about issues related to safety, training, safety training, and more.