Vector Solutions Launches SafeSchools Student Courses for 2019-20 School Year
CINCINNATI, OH – Tuesday, May 7, 2019 – SafeSchools, a Vector Solutions Education brand and leading provider of award-winning safety and compliance solutions that helps create safer and more inclusive schools, announced today the launch of powerful new safety courses for students in Grades 9-12. Available for the 2019-20 school year, these engaging web-based courses are designed to keep students safe and better protected at school and online, and help contribute to an overall positive school culture.
The new student courses are available in the SafeSchools Online Training System, can be utilized either as primary prevention training or remediation training to reinforce previous learning, and can be taken three convenient ways:
- Assigned to individual students to complete independently,
- Administered by a school staff member in a facilitated group setting, or
- Added to an existing LMS
“Each year, we survey our education clients about their most pressing concerns, and they consistently ranked safety training for students as a priority,” said Executive Vice President and General Manager of Vector Solutions Education, Brian Taylor. “We worked closely with K-12 administrators and students across the nation on the development of these new courses and are excited to bring them to market, to help meet this important need.”
Each course includes age-appropriate peer presenters, lesson plans, discussion questions, activities, and assessments. Course topics will include:
- Bullying & Cyberbullying: This course is designed to help students better identify both bullying and cyberbullying in themselves and in others, empathize with those being bullied, and understand what to do if they witness bullying or are being bullied. Cyberbullying is a main focus of the course, which teaches and encourages students to be respectful and responsible online, covering topics such as catfishing, trolling, exclusion, and more.
- Youth Suicide Awareness: With care and sensitivity, this course discusses mental health concerns such as anxiety and depression, and helps students better identify youth suicide risk – in themselves and in others – so that they can intervene and/or ask for the support that is needed.
- Alcohol & Drug Prevention: This course identifies the social pressures teenagers face today in regard to alcohol, marijuana, vaping, prescription drugs, and other substances; explains the effects that they can have on their health and future, specifically covering the dangers of binge drinking, driving while intoxicated, and sexual assault; and, offers strategies teens can use to resist these pressures.
- Sexual Harassment: This course defines sexual harassment for students – what it looks like and its various forms – as well as discusses and defines consent, the difference between sexual harassment and bullying, and what students can do to help put a stop to sexual harassment.
- Digital Citizenship: This course helps students learn how to navigate and interact safely in today’s modern digital world while exploring all the conveniences, opportunities, challenges, and responsibilities it affords.
Courses for students in grades 9-12 will be available in June to be used for the 2019-20 school year, but can be preordered now. Courses customized for other grade levels are currently in development. For more information or to schedule a demo, visit www.safeschools.com/suite/student-safety-courses/ or contact SafeSchools team members at 1.800.434.0154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video: SafeSchools Training System Student Courses Overview
About Vector Solutions Education
Vector Solutions Education, a leader in eLearning and performance support, serves the K-20 market through its SafeSchools, SafeColleges, TeachPoint, and Exceptional Child product portfolio. Its award-winning SaaS platforms deliver management solutions for employee and student compliance training, anonymous tip reporting, incident tracking, SDS management, special education professional development, educator evaluation, and professional development tracking. Its extensive library of over 2,000 courses and market-leading programs help create safer and more inclusive schools, colleges, and universities. For more information, visit www.vectorsolutions.com/education.
About Vector Solutions
Vector Solutions, a leader in eLearning and performance support, provides award-winning SaaS solutions for the architecture, engineering, construction (AEC), industrial, facilities management, public safety, IT and education industries. Its brands, RedVector-Convergence Training, TargetSolutions, and SafeSchools deliver continuing education (CE), training, technology and performance management solutions using the latest innovations in learning and technology to create safer, more capable, more compliant organizations. Its extensive online and mobile learning library offers nearly 8,000 courses written by over 250 subject matter experts and reaches over 7 million professionals worldwide. The company was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Tampa, Florida. For more information, visit www.vectorsolutions.com. Follow us on Twitter @VectorPerform and on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/VectorPerformance.