Community-Sourced Risk Research & Best Practices
Presented Live on Thursday, October 21, at 1pm EST | 10am PST
In recent years, mobile safety and security platforms have become increasingly common across institutions and organizations of all sizes. However, few truly understand how to optimize their safety communications platforms to mitigate risk and build resilience. What key features should you look for? How often should you send notifications to your organization? What are best practices to engage with your community?
This webcast includes the following:
- The role and value of mobile risk intelligence communications platforms
- Mobile safety platform key features and usage examples
- Key findings from a University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign research study into the Vector LiveSafe platform, including current client usage and best practices
- Insights from two co-authors of the research study, Dr. Yun Huang (Assistant Professor and Co-Director of the Social Computing Systems Lab at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) and Ryan Mayfield (Director, Strategy at Vector Solutions)
- A live demo of the Vector LiveSafe Platform that illustrates key learnings from the research study
Associate Marketing Manager | Vector Solutions
Alexandra Brunjes has a B.S. in Neurobiology from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. with minors in Creative Writing and French. She is a published journalist and experienced health and science writer. Her expertise includes risk intelligence, healthcare and neuroscience, and technology. She is the host of the Vector LiveSafe webinar series.
Dr. Yun Huang
Assistant Professor & Lab Co-Director | University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Yun Huang is an assistant professor in the School of Information Sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She co-directs the Social Computing Systems (SALT) Lab, whose research is funded by NSF, the Department of Health and Human Services, Google, Facebook, and more. Her work focuses on social computing systems research and context-driven approaches to designing crowdsourcing systems. She received her PhD from the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences at the University of California, Irvine. She earned her bachelor's degree from the Department of Computer Science and Technology at Tsinghua University, in Beijing, China.
Director, Strategy | Vector Solutions
Ryan Mayfield is an expert in safety communications and user engagement, with experience in industry, government, and academia. Together with the Social Computing Systems (SALT) Lab at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, he helped publish the first-ever study of safety communications using anonymized user data. A graduate of Stanford University, Ryan remains affiliated with the Stanford University Peace Innovation Lab.
Sales Solution Engineer | Vector Solutions
Karla is the Sales Solutions Engineer for LiveSafe at Vector Solutions. She brings over a decade of mass notification and SaaS solution experience to the Vector LiveSafe team, which she joined in 2021.