At Vector Solutions, safety is at the core of our mission - and even a quick glance at our most popular courses will demonstrate that. In fact, all of our courses are designed to keep workers across many industries prepared, protected, and compliant with important safety regulations and requirements. At times, when completing compliance training, it may feel like you’re being forced to jump through hoops. Still, the completion of required courses becomes the foundation of knowledge and efficient communication that we can leverage to keep our workplaces, schools, and communities safe.
Courses that promote a strong workplace safety culture are also smart from a business perspective. In a notable study by Liberty Mutual, 60% of CFOs reported that for every $1 invested in injury prevention, there was a return of $2 or more. This means that you literally cannot afford to skip out on making safety training a critical component of your business strategy.
Our mission at Vector is to elevate and support the everyday heroes who are making a real impact in their communities. By providing them with mission-critical training and workflow solutions that suit their unique needs, our customers are able to do what they do best - make our communities better, safer places to live. These are the top Vector courses across all industries that help them do just that:
- Sexual Harassment PreventionThis training topic spreads across many industries with more than 3.6 yearly course completions because of how prevalent it can be. According to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, between fiscal year 2018 and fiscal year 2021, they received a total of 27,291 charges alleging sexual harassment. We know that sexual harassment can have lasting effects on individuals, organizations, and the community, such as psychological trauma; a hostile work environment for employees; damaged reputations; negative publicity; civil liability, and even criminal charges. This is why employers can’t take sexual harassment lightly, and employees should understand their roles and obligations if they experience or witness it on the job. This course, and other courses like it, are designed to provide people with a basic understanding of sexual harassment and strategies to maintain a harassment-free environment.
- Bullying: Recognition and ResponseBullying continues to be a pressing problem today, and not only in schools. According to the National Center for Education Statistics, one in five students (20.2%) report being bullied. The negative effects of bullying can be long-lasting, with bullying being linked to students suffering a higher rate of depression and anxiety, impaired academic performance, drug and alcohol abuse, physical violence, and even suicide. That’s why it is imperative for students, faculty, and organizational staff to be informed. This top Vector topic, with just over 2.8 million yearly completions, provides a better understanding of bullying behavior, as well as their obligations to help prevent bullying. Topics covered include bullying basics, identifying bullying behavior, how bullying works, and effective ways to address the problem. This course also includes feedback from real people on their experiences with bullying, how it affected them, and what they think schools and organizations could do to help them.
- Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure PreventionWorking in any environment with a high concentration of people can increase the risk of exposure to germs and infectious agents on a daily basis - which makes this topic so popular for our critical industry clients - in fact, it had a staggering 2.4 million course completions last year. As we know, exposure to and contact with bodily fluids can put you in danger of infection. Bloodborne pathogens are infectious microorganisms in human blood that can cause disease. This course is designed to provide an overview of the dangers posed by bloodborne pathogens and steps you can take to protect yourself and others from exposure. Topics covered include exposure risk, OSHA guidelines, universal precautions, personal protective equipment, and safe cleanup and disposal practices.
- Slips, Trips, and Falls and Back Injury PreventionSimple-seeming injuries that involve slips and falls can happen to anyone all too easily - sometimes with grave, ongoing consequences. That’s why these Vector courses provide specific guidelines to help prevent slip, trip, and fall injuries; best practices for walking on slippery surfaces; precautions to avoid trip hazards; and safety policies that keep employees from taking fall risks.
In the same category is our Vector course on back injury prevention. If you work with heavy loads or repeatedly twist to move materials from one location to another, you may be at a greater risk of back injury. Back injuries are suffered by more than one million workers every year, account for 20% of all workplace injuries, and cost companies billions of dollars.
This course helps to prevent back injuries at your workplace by raising awareness about the common causes of acute and cumulative back injuries, signs and symptoms of back injuries, and the engineering and administrative controls that can be implemented to prevent back injuries.
- Discrimination Awareness in the WorkplaceAnd finally, another essential topic at Vector is discrimination awareness in the workplace with more than half a million annual completions. Although we’ve long understood that discrimination and harassment are unlawful in the workplace, it’s still prevalent. According to employee engagement platform Ten Spot, a full 70% of survey respondents said they had experienced some form of workplace discrimination. That’s why it’s critical that employees understand their workplace policies regarding discrimination and know their roles and obligations. This course is designed to provide basic awareness and understanding of discrimination. This awareness can help employees avoid discriminatory behaviors and build a workplace culture that reflects inclusivity and respect for all.
A Workplace Culture Committed to Safety Benefits Everyone
Our clients in critical industries, from K-12 and higher education, to law enforcement, fire safety, industrial manufacturing, and more, rely upon efficient and effective technology solutions to keep their workplaces and communities safe. Choosing to be proactive in your training can make all the difference in preventing costly injuries and hazardous, illegal workplace incidents. Vector’s robust course catalog on relevant and important topics can help protect your team and others, stay up-to-date with compliance regulations, and save money.