The number of available firefighters is decreasing, but the number of incidents, as well as the complexity of those situations, continues to rise. With fewer available to work, it’s critical that the training and testing emergency responders receive prepares them for real-life scenarios. Can a multiple-choice test really do that effectively?
Watch this webinar video where Dr. Brian Brauer discusses how modernizing and standardizing training and testing can positively impact interoperability in the fire industry on a regional, state, and national scale as well as meet the evaluation expectations of the NFPA Technical Committees.
We will discuss:
- A framework to develop standardized assessments
- Why consistent grading and evaluations are essential
- Real life examples of grading, assessments, and evaluations
- Using the framework to further develop career firefighters
- How to connect current problems with solutions
Dr. Brauer is the Associate Director for Infrastructure and Special Projects at the University of Illinois Fire Service Institute (IFSI) and joined the organization in 1998. He is the chairman of the committee on accreditation and sits on the Board of Directors of the Pro Board Fire Service Professional Qualifications Systems. He has volunteered as a fire officer and EMT since 1990 and is also a registered nurse.