When performing official duties, law enforcement officers rely heavily on knowledge and skills learned during basic academy training. That’s why knowledge and skills acquired during the academy must be not only retained sufficiently but are also reinforced once they leave.
In this webinar, we discussed the best ways a law enforcement academy can advance their recruits’ knowledge and skills while mitigating future risks for careers, mental health, and departments.
- Benefits of an integrated curriculum
- Connecting Field Training Officers to your academy curriculum
- The impact culture and perceptions have on training
- Protecting your recruits from future risk
- Results and learnings from the year-long IADLEST research project, Academy Innovations